When exporting/importing to Excel in 64 bit client an error is received : “Excel Import/Export features require Microsoft Access Database Engine, Please contact administrator.”
When exporting/importing to Excel in 64 bit client an error is received :
“Excel Import/Export features require Microsoft Access Database Engine, Please contact administrator.”
The error applies to :
- Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management – Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 15.2 to 16.1]
- Primavera P6 Professional Project Management – Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 15.2 to 16.1]
- Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
The Microsoft Jet database engine dates back to Windows 95 or earlier and was the original underlying engine for integrating Excel Import/Export within P6 Professional. Versions of Jet are contained in all editions of Microsoft Windows through Windows 7 and are used by 32-bit applications for integration with Microsoft Office applications. The Microsoft Jet database engine is considered a deprecated product. Although it is still contained in Windows 8.1, no plans have been announced for it to be ported to a 64-bit version.
A new driver, the Microsoft Access Database Engine (ACE) driver, was introduced by Microsoft beginning in Office 2007. The Microsoft ACE driver is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The Microsoft ACE driver will be downloaded as part of the x64 version of Microsoft Office 2010
16.2 no longer requires the Microsoft ACE Driver to be installed.
For 16.1 and before
The 64-bit version of P6 Professional requires the x64 Microsoft ACE driver for Excel Import/Export.
If Microsoft Office is not installed (neither the x64 nor x86 version), install the ACE driver by double-clicking on the downloaded file or with the command-line:
If the x86 version of Microsoft Office is installed, install the 64-bit ACE driver with the following command-line:
Microsoft Access Database Engines for the following versions
- MS Office 2007 – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23734
- MS Office 2010 – http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255
- MS Office 2013 – http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39358
- MS Office 2016 – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50040
*See also the 15.2 P6 Standalone Installation Guide (instructions on what MS Access 2010 driver to install (link to Microsoft)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.